The Connemara Ranch, Malibu, CA 1986 – Present
Owner & Operator
Founded and operated well known, 10-acre horse ranch/riding stables designated by Los Angeles Magazine as “The best horseback riding in Southern California.”
Equine “Promise Program” was designed to teach self-awareness, how to work in a group dynamic, develop and improve interpersonal relationships and explore new attitudes for dealing with addictive behavior, trauma and dysfunctional relationships. Program worked in conjunction with Team Works, an after-school mentoring program and was considered the cutting edge of equine therapy, using horses as healing tools.
- Trained in equine-assisted psychotherapy through the Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association (EAGALA), a nonprofit organization that provides education, standards, innovation, and support to professionals providing services in Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (www.eagala.org).
- Developed, marketed and facilitated equine therapy programs for individuals in recovery. Regularly worked with most Malibu, CA area rehab centers, including Promises, Renaissance, Visions, Passages, Monte Nido, Creative Care, etc.
One-day experiential program consisted of 12-25 participants broken into groups that worked one-on-one with horses, and was designed to create and/or enhance leadership and team building qualities, release anger & fears, build confidence and communication skills.
- Promoted “The Equine Promise Program” within local area school.
- Worked with top-level celebrity clients such as Brad Pitt, Adam Sandler, Richard Gere, Cindy Crawford, Olivia Newton-John, Emma Thompson and Billy Crystal. * (use or reference to client names does not constitute an endorsement by those clients)
- Publications and mentions include Los Angeles Times Magazine, New York Times, W Magazine, Buzz Magazine, Harpers Bazaar, Malibu Times and American Way magazine. Television coverage included Dateline, Channel 7, Eye on LA, Channel 9 News, Animals are People Too, and Vacation Living.